We are Telia Company. Our 21 000 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the World’s most connected regions. With a strong connectivity base, we are the hub in the digital ecosystem, empowering people, companies and societies to stay in touch with everything that matters 24/7/365 - on their terms. Our values Care, Dare and Simplify support our vison to create unmatched customer experience.
In Norway, Telia is the second largest supplier of mobile services and offers a complete range of services for businesses and consumers. Our products and services are marketed under the Telia, Chess, OneCall, MyCall and Phonero brands.
Our Insight domain are leading Telia Norway’s journey of becoming truly data and insight driven, and leveraging big data as part of our ambitions of being a New Generation Telco. We will now take the next step in our execution and are seeking Data Scientists, both for our Data & Analytics team (IT) and for our business side.
What you will do? The position
Business Intelligence and Analytics are changing more rapidly than ever. Insight in all kinds of data, across applications and solutions, are replacing standard reporting and business intelligence.
As a Data Scientist, you (together with other Data Scientists, Analysts and ETL developers), will establish and implement new ways of working with data in Telia, and will work closely with various parts of Technology and various parts of business. Through the combination of technical expertise and understanding of business needs’, you will advise stakeholders on analysis matters, you will contribute in turning Telia into a data driven organization and you will focus on value to the organization by giving new insight through analytics.
As Data Scientist you will work with various analytical tools on our analytical platform. You will provide business information to our users, making them self-driven, and in parallel doing your own analysis based on needs from business, from IT or based on trends or possibilities.
- Analyze data from various sources, and provide new insight based on these data
- Tasks may include extracting and transforming data ready for analysis
- Be a driving force for introducing more advanced analytics into the organization
- Work with complex analytical questions
- Collaborate with Business to understand business requirements and needs
- Ability to present new concepts to senior management
- Increase the quality of data insight and analytics
- Enable and motivate a data driven culture
- Data scientist
- Experience or knowledge about Statistics
- Experience or knowledge about Big Data and Advanced Analytics
- Experience or knowledge about Machine Learning
- Bachelors or masters or higher in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other relevant discipline
- Good communication skills, this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Visions of how to use our data in exciting ways
- Experience or knowledge about data visualization and data wrangling is a plus
- Good technical understanding, and experience from development projects
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, oral and written.
- Able to communicate complex analytical solutions in a simple way
- Passionate about data and analytics, and have a strong interest in working with, learning about and playing with new technologies.
- Thrive working with challenging questions and problems, and constantly seeking to find new patterns, answers and value through our data
- People skilled and used to work in team with people from other parts of the organization.
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment, rooted in agile methodologies.
- Self-driven and have the ability to work towards a common goal without micro management
- Driven by internal motivation, taking initiative on, and responsibility for, new ideas
What we offer
We offer you an exciting position within Telia, where you get the possibility to work on our insight platform. We are building up a new insight platform, and our new data scientists will play an important part in shaping the analytics environment.
Our platform is based on cloud with a Hadoop / Cloudera configuration. We use several modern tools, such as Spark, Kafka, Qlick, Cloudera, SPSS and more. We are working with DevOps and agile methodologies, in short sprint cycles and with continuous releases.
You will work with Data Management developers and other Data Scientists, and be part of a modern organization. You will get the opportunity to work with skilled colleagues within different disciplines, colleagues that are happy to pull each other forward. We have high ambitions, and for the right people, there are many opportunities to continue your growth and development, in various directions.
The Telco industry is changing rapidly and Data & Analytics are one of the key areas in our Next Generation Telco journey.